Thursday, January 20, 2011

A New Beginning...

Finally, my own blog is up and running! I'm so excited. After hours of fiddling with the layout and designs and all kinds of fun stuff, I'm temporarily settled on the current design. It still needs a lot of work but it's a work in progress.

My cat was leisurely posing for this picture.

 I started making jewelry about five years ago. My coworkers and friends gave me a lot of support. What I remember the most, though, was the first time I showed my jewelry to Julie, the store owner at Willis & Bennett. Her confidence in my designs gave me the courage to continue on. I was making mostly earrings at that time. My talented husband made a beautiful display for me that later was proudly placed in another store which also carried my jewelry.


I changed jobs soon after and started working full time, putting my jewelry making onto the back burner until recently. The discovery of etsy reawakened my creativity. I started thinking about designing jewelry again. I decided that it was time to open my own online shop. My coworkers have been lending me tremendous support. I want to thank them here. And of course my husband too, specially for his encouragement and lending me a hand whenever I need it.

I hope this blog will keep me focused and on track. I'll keep you posted in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment